1 pound fresh asparagus trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
1/3 cup chopped onion
1 garlic clove
1/3 cup chopped seeded tomato
2 tablespoons Walden Farms mayo
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
6 drops hot pepper sauce
- Place 1/2 in. of water and asparagus in a saucepan; bring to a boil
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until tender.
- Place asparagus in a blender. Add onion and garlic; cover and process until smooth.
- In a small bowl, combine the tomato, mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt, cilantro, chili powder and hot pepper sauce.
- Stir in the asparagus mixture until blended.
- Serve with vegetables and *Ideal Protein Crepe mix made into pita bites or baked chips.
- Refrigerate leftovers; stir before serving. Yield: 2 cups.
Nutrition Facts: One serving (1/3 cup guacamole) equals 42 calories, 2 g fat, 2 mg cholesterol, 240 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Tips and Suggestions
*CRACKERS – made with Ideal Protein Plain Crepe Mix
Mix plain crepe mix with water so it is thick and spread on cookie sheet and add sea salt, garlic & others herbs you like on crackers. Bake 350 degrees until brown & crispy
Options: garlic, pepper, dill weed, sesame seed & dried bell pepper seasoning for steak.