One of the best things about being a part of the Symmetry team is being surrounded by like-minded people; people who are working to preserve their health, challenge themselves and continuously strive for optimal health. The environment is positive and motivational.
As a whole, we love trying new recipes and/or making minor tweaks to recipes to make them just that much tastier and nutrient-dense. One of the newest additions to our growing population of recipes is our Ideal Protein compliant and Paleo approved Cauliflower Tortillas!
Our office manager, Lisa Houge-Boyd, inspired from a post on Pinterest, tweaked the recipe and created one mouth-watering, creative, and delicious meal!
3/4 head of cauliflower-cut up
¼ cup water
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350* and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a food processor, pulse the cut up cauliflower slightly finer than rice, no large chunks.
3. Cook the riced cauliflower on the stovetop in a skillet with ¼ cup of water until soft.
4. After cooking, place the cauliflower in a dish towel and squeeze ALL the moisture from the cauliflower. Be careful- The cauliflower will be hot!
5. In a bowl combine the squeeze-dried cauliflower, eggs and salt and pepper in a mixing bowl. Mix until well combined. Note: The mixture will be runny but should not be liquid.
6. Spread the mixture onto the lined baking sheet into 6 flat square tortillas.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, flip them over and bake for another 5-7 minutes.
8. Remove them from baking sheet and let cool on a rack.
9. Once cool, brown the tortillas in a skillet on medium heat until slightly crispy.
The tortillas are best when cool. They will hold up better. Enjoy these with your favorite taco fillings! Here I had filled the tortillas with a cabbage mix and scallops. Yum! What a great spin on a staple meal for so many people! What modifications to recipes have you made to lead a healthier life? Let us know and we may feature your recipe in an upcoming blog.