Losing Weight with Diet, Exercise…
You might think that losing weight is as simple as diet and exercise. And you’d be right up to a point. Obviously, diet and exercise have an impact on your weight and overall health. But consider this: Only 8% of people who commit to losing weight actually do lose weight! If it’s so simple, why can’t the other 92% get on board?
There are a variety of reasons for this. Two of the most significant are a lack of support and not knowing the most effective ways to exercise or enhance nutrition. Also, spinal issues may be causing unexpected health problems that lead to weight gain or the inability to properly shed pounds. This is where the experts at Symmetry Health Center in Alameda, Oakland, and Berkeley, CA can help you with your weight loss goals.
Chiropractic care and weight loss
Weight loss is about looking at the total picture. It can be easy to get lost in the smaller details of your diet. One major issue is that people make incidental changes that don’t have much of an impact on their health. For instance, they might stop snacking at night, or attending an exercise class once a week. While these changes are good, they’re not enough to combat a weight problem! Consulting with an expert is essential if you’re serious about your health.
A chiropractor can be your guide on the path to weight loss. You might be asking how a spinal specialist can help you with your weight, but here again, it’s critical to look at the bigger picture. As the root of your central nervous system, your spine has a lot to do with how the rest of your body functions. A trained chiropractor can:
- Provide guidance on the best nutrition for your body;
- Suggest an exercise regimen that will maximize weight loss while minimizing chance of injury;
- Be the support system you need to make the long-term lifestyle changes necessary to lose weight and keep it off;
- Address any spinal concerns that may make it difficult to keep your weight down.
Weight loss and your spine
Did you know that subluxations (misalignments) in the spine are liable to cause problems elsewhere in your body? This is because the spine plays such a vital role in your central nervous system. The spine is also crucial for absorbing shock and maintaining balance. Faulty nerve signals caused by spinal misalignments could be making weight loss more difficult by causing:
- Ineffectual digestion;
- Cravings at certain times of day or for specific foods;
- Chronic joint or muscle pain;
- Decreasing metabolism.
Spinal adjustments provided by an expert chiropractor can reduce or eliminate many of these issues. When combined with diet and exercise, many patients have found that chiropractic care can be key for losing weight and living a healthier lifestyle.
Are you ready to take control of your health? Then it’s time to invest in the triad of diet, exercise, and chiropractic care. The experienced team at Symmetry Health Center in Berkeley, Alameda, and Oakland, CA knows the best path forward for patients. We use Chiropractic BioPhysics (CBP), the industry standard for creating unique, results-oriented treatment plans for every patient. Contact us today for a free consultation.
Chiropractic BioPhysics, or CBP, is one of the most scientific, researched, and results-oriented corrective care techniques. CBP-trained chiropractors aim to realign the spine back to health, eliminating nerve interference and addressing the source of pain, fatigue, and disease. As with all chiropractic care, CBP is gentle, painless, and non-invasive.