Alameda, Oakland and East Bay San Francisco
Available at the Alameda Location
Massage as a healing tool has been around for thousands of years in many cultures. For centuries, Eastern societies have been using massage to treat various medical conditions.
Over the last decade, Western medicine has begun utilizing massage at a growing rate. Massage is becoming an integral part of healthcare. Research continues to show there are numerous benefits to therapeutic touch from disease prevention, treatment of chronic disease and injuries, to alleviating the body’s response to the stresses of modern life.
Touch is a natural human reaction to pain and stress. Our instinct when we hurt ourselves, hit our head or have a sore neck is to rub it. Massage creates chemical changes in the body that reduce pain and stress. Therapeutic Massage is a non-invasive, drug free, humanistic approach to aid the body’s natural ability to heal itself.
Benefits of Massage
No matter what your age or fitness level, you can benefit from massage. Massage not only feels good, it’s good for you. Here are some of the benefits to receiving massage regularly:
- Increases blood circulation, by helping the body pump more oxygen and nutrients to tissues and vital organs
- Flushes out natural, unwanted toxins from the body, assisting the lymphatic system, the body’s natural defense
- Increases range of motion and joint flexibility
- Helps break up adhesions (knots) and reduce muscular tension
- Helps athletes prepare for and recover from strenuous workouts or athletic events and helps with maintenance between workouts
- Hydrates all tissues and improves the condition of the skin
- Lessens anxiety and depression, elevates mood
- Releases endorphins, the body’s natural painkiller
- Aids in recovery from surgery and chronic illness
- Reduces headaches and migraines
- Reduces scar tissue and stretch marks
- Improves sleep quality
- Aids in weight loss
- Relieves symptoms of PMS
- Reduces arthritis stiffness and pain
- Can lessen medication dependency
- Shown to increase cells that fight cancer
The benefits of bodywork are greatest when massage is a regular part of your health plan. It is not often that we find things that are good for us that feel good too! Let’s take advantage of the ones that do. Schedule your next massage today at Symmetry Health Center. The benefits are endless.