Skewered Mediterranean Grilled Lamb and Vegetables
Juice from 1 large lemon
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon chopped mint leaves
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
1 ½ pounds lamb sirloin, cut into 1 ½ – inch cubes
8 large bay leaves
3 cups mushroom caps
1 cup small cherry tomatoes
2 cups green pepper, cut into 1 ½ – inch strips
2 cups zucchini, cut into 1- inch cubes
1 tsp. white vinegar
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
1 tsp. olive oil
Juice of 1 lemon wedge
½ tsp each of salt, pepper, dill weed and cayenne pepper
2 garlic cloves, minced
1. In resealable bag, mix lemon juice, oil, garlic, mint, salt and pepper then pour over lamb cubes.
2. Refrigerate the marinating lamb overnight or for at least 8 hours.
3. Use flat-bladed skewers and alternate meat, bay leaves, and vegetables.
4. Grill over hot coals for about 15 minutes, turning frequently.
5. Once meat is cooked thoroughly, remove from skewer and enjoy!
Makes 4, 6-oz servings