Relieve Your Neck Pain With Chiropractic Care
Neck pain is an unpleasant symptom that can affect our lives to various degrees. Sometimes we experience neck pain only for a few hours or days, then it resolves on its own. However, in some cases, it can be worse than that. Severe or chronic neck pain can also cause many difficulties in our everyday lives, therefore it may be necessary to seek professional help to relieve the pain. Fortunately, many treatment options can effectively reduce neck pain.
Today, we will talk about chiropractic care, which is one of the best treatment methods for neck-related issues. But before we would jump right into how chiropractic treatment options can help, let’s review the causes of neck pain.
Why Are You Experiencing Neck Pain?
Many people complain about neck pain after sitting for long hours in front of the computer, or after sleeping in a bad position. While these situations can certainly cause neck pain, there are also several other causes that very often stay unrecognized. Here are some of the most common causes:
- Muscle strain, spine misalignment: Having poor posture with our daily activities can easily lead to muscle strain or even spine misalignment. These changes in the body can cause your neck to be sore and ela.
- Worn joints or other age-related health issues: Unfortunately, as people grow older, they may experience many changes in the connective tissues and joints that can lead to degeneration as well. For example, arthritis, disc herniation, and stenosis can all play a significant role in the development of neck pain.
- Chronic diseases: Certain diseases can cause neck pain, for example, meningitis, rheumatoid arthritis, or even cancer.
- Injuries: Many kinds of injuries can happen to you that can affect your neck as well. A fall, a car accident, or a sports-related injury can cause muscle strain or nerve damage in the area of the neck.
While neck pain itself can affect your daily life, other secondary symptoms can appear as well that can further affect your quality of life. These symptoms can be various: you may have a headache, difficulties with moving your neck and shoulders, numbness or a tingling feeling, or you may simply feel weak in your arms and legs. These secondary symptoms can very often indicate another underlying spine-related issue or serious health problem that may need medical attention. Therefore, if your symptoms are severe or appear suddenly without any reason, seek professional help as soon as possible.
How to Treat Neck Pain
When it comes to the treatment of neck pain, it’s important to identify the cause of the pain. This way you can not only get immediate relief but you can prevent the future recurrence of the neck pain. Although the treatments used by chiropractors or physical therapists depend on many factors, the most common treatment options for addressing neck pain are the following:
- Special training to improve posture
- Exercises for better flexibility and balance
- Massage therapy
- Education to improve general health, accelerate the healing process, and prevent future health issues
- Spinal adjustments to restore proper spine alignment and the flow of nerve energy
- Pain management methods for short-term relief, such as electrical stimulation, temperature therapy (cold and heat), cervical traction, and ultrasound
How Chiropractic Care Can Help Relieve The Pain
As you could see above, in most cases, a spine-related issue causes neck pain. This is because when the spine is not aligned properly, there can be a disruption in the flow of nerve energy that impedes basic body functions. Very often, spine misalignment is the true root cause of pain in the neck.
Luckily, a chiropractor who is specialized in spine health can help you address your spine issues with the non-invasive treatment options listed above and more. They can not only restore your spine alignment but can reduce neck pain sustainably, so you can live your life to the fullest again.
Find a CBP Certified Chiropractor
Chiropractic care has a special section called Chiropractic BioPhysics (CBP). These elite chiropractors who pursue CBP certification take chiropractic care to the next level. They focus on science-based chiropractic techniques to achieve the highest results possible in spine health and pain relief. Therefore, you can trust these health professionals without any doubt, they are the real experts of spine health.
If you are also suffering from neck pain and you would like to get back to a pain-free life, consider consulting a CBP certified chiropractor in your area to get relief. In case you live in California, Dr. Cynthia Boyd and her team in Oakland and Alameda at Symmetry Health Center consists of CBP certified professionals. They are ready to assess your spine health and help relieve your pain with a wide range of treatment methods. Make a call to their office today, and ask about the available treatment options for your symptoms and how they can help achieve your health goals.